The OSEMP provides four different types of action :
1 - Activities regarding women composers creations, the promotion of women conductors of the orchestra and the recreation of manuscripts.
In this section the activities are as follows:
- Productions given in concerts or shows
- Tours planned by the Orchestra
- Participation of the Orchestra at Festivals
- The setting up of residences for women composers
This will be held in place that is suitable for the musicians and
spectators hearing and which offers good acoustics.
2 - Activities for youth and adults choirs.
In this section the activities are the following:
- Exchanges for Choirs and European artists among European countries
(two each year) supported by a high quality orchestra for their
3 - Charitable, educational, ecological and patrimonial restoration operations.
In these operations threee causes will be highlighted:
- Help for humanitarian organizations
- Help for the initiative: «Trees for the planet»
- Help for renovations local patrimony and others
In this sector of activities are the following:
- Concerts in schools, associations or charities and any other
structure requiring a contribution on behalf of the orchestra.
- Concerts in the commmunities in the French and Italian territories
and other European countries.
The exchange of choral concerts will benefit from these activities (see
the following point).
4 - The construction of a holiday centre for the persons with disabilities and caregivers in Saint Jean Pied de Port.
The implementation of this is planned over a three year period or more
if necessary in collaboration with other associates. When completed it
will be followed by other similar projects.
In this sector are the following activities:
Concerts and performances on tour on the way to Saint-Jacques de
The actions taken by the Orchestra will have direct beneficiaries
selected as the programme is put in place.
The activities of the Orchestra will have multiple beneficiaries:
- The European public and musicians of tomorrow (participations in
- People from rural and underprivileged environments
- The disabled (both during the performances as in the Orchestra)
- The cities with a patrimonial wealth in degradation for lack of
- Humanitarian and ecological associations
- The Orchestra musicians and partners for the exchange of knowledge
- The women composers and women conductors for training promoted by
- The planet for the support of the action «Trees for the Planet»
- From a more European perspective, the bringing to light of common
values and references and the creation of a space for cultural and
social dialogue that with humility accepts other cultures.
Value and long term prospects
The creation of the Orchestra and its activities play a great part in
the creation of a space for European dialogue, cooperation and
It respects and intensifies the first and fundamental values which lead
to the creation of the European Union itself: that of well-being of
peoples and the mantaining of peace.
It brings and puts into practice the French values of Freedom, Equality
Very few activities exist which allow the up dating of the role of women
as composers and conductors of orchestras in Europe and the OSEMP will
permet the encouragement of this minority to assert themselves and to
amplify their space in the musical landscape.
It operates directly transferring funds back the institutions which have
appealed to it for help. By it's operations in schools it empowers the
future European citizens allowing them to have an active rôle in the
formation of their world by solidarity, by the impact of «Trees for the
Planet» or by participating in the restauration of the patrimony.
It strengthens the consciousness of the humanitarian, ecological and
The Orchestra will contribute concretely by the important number of
meetings and exchanges it will provoke and the diversity of public it
will touch in the member countries and those of the European Union
bringing them together.
It will contribute to unite Europe citizens by its activities in proximity to the public.
The whole of the activities planned by the Orchestra are to be continued in the long term and to intensify itself because it creates a solid network of partners, a practice of exchanges and a mutual confidence.